Points Based System – Tier 1
Tier 1 Entrepreneur
If you are outside the EEA and wish to join or set up a business to live and work in the United Kingdom then the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) category may allow you to do this. As a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa applicant, you are required to satisfy the general requirements under the Tier 1 and the following investment amounts are required:
A minimum investment of £200,000 of your own or made available by a third party or in a joint account with your partner.
You have access to £50,000 from the following:
- A registered capital sum regulated by the Financial Services Authority or
- UK Entrepreneurial Seed Funding Competitions (endorsements from the UK TDI) or
- UK Government for specifically establishing a business;
Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)
If you are outside the EEA and wish to apply for a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa based on the fact that you are of exceptional talent in the fields of science, humanities, engineering, medicine, digital technology or the arts as, then you will be eligible to apply for this visa.
To apply for the visa, you will need to be recognised as:
- A recognised leader (exceptional talent)
- An emerging leader (exceptional promise)
Tier 1 (Investor)
If you are outside the EEA and wish to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa based on you wanting to invest in the United Kingdom, you will need to meet the following requirements.
- Invest £2,000,000 or more in the United Kingdom
- Be 18 or over to apply for this visa
- Be able to prove that the money belongs to either you or your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner
- Have opened a United Kingdom bank account
- The funds must be held in one or more regulated financial institutions
- The funds must be free to spend in the United Kingdom.
Irving & Co confidently offer individually tailored and comprehensive advice to all businesses from all sectors, all individuals with exceptional talent and to investors who wish to invest in the United Kingdom.