Marriage/Unmarried Partner

British citizens or people who have settled status are able to make applications for leave to enter or leave to remain for their partners to join them in the United Kingdom. Partners include spouses, civil partners, unmarried/same sex partners, fiancé(e)s and proposed partners.

Since 09 July 2012, the Immigration Rules relating to partners are now far more complex,  specifically in relation to the minimum income and savings requirement and the specific evidence which must be provided.

These changes to the requirements have meant that more couples have struggled to meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules.  Our highly experienced immigration specialists are able to clarify any aspect of the visa application process and advise on the required evidence to satisfy the immigration rules for a successful outcome.

For partners of EEA nationals please see section titled EU and EEA Nationals.